The Institute of Environmental Engineering of the Polish Academy of Sciences is the oldest scientific institution in Poland conducting comprehensive basic and applied research in the field of environmental engineering, addressing technical, scientific, spatial, legal and economic issues. The Institute has more than 60 years of experience in scientific and applied research.
Currently, the Institute's activities are focused on the following areas:
- analysis of air pollution from harmful substances, industrial, municipal and traffic emissions of pollutants into the air,
- to counteract the eutrophication of water reservoirs,
- pollution of surface waters with nutrients and priority substances,
- use of magnetometry in environmental research, contamination of soil surfaces with heavy metals and organic compounds,
- waste processing technologies,
- removal of inorganic and organic pollutants by sorption processes using natural and waste materials.